Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Top Five Wednesday: Sequels


#T5WFamily
Note: This is in note particular order
because it was impossible to pick the order!


Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #1)
by Suzanne Collins


The majority of you have read this book. I knew it would be hard for this book to top The Hunger Games but it was a very strong book. It was action packed and we were also introduced to new characters! I had reread it before the movie had come out for a refresher. It reminded me how much I adored the book was as well as the movie!







The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)
by Michelle Hodkin


This book! I truly have no words that could describe how STUNNING this book is. After finishing this book I then realized I had to wait until November till the third installment came out. Since this is the second book I don't want to give anything away, but if you ever have to read a book read this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Pandemonium (Delirium #2)
by Lauren Oliver

The first book of this trilogy, Delirium, I found a bit difficult to get into. I wasn't a huge fan of Lauren Oliver's writing style near the beginning of the first book. As I forced myself to continue the second half was much better. As I decided to continue on to this next book I was worried I wouldn't enjoy it. Then Lauren Oliver through a curveball that I didn't see coming. This book completely captured me with the new characters and story line. A great read!






Prodigy (Legend #2)
by Marie Lu

This is the second book in the completed dystopian trilogy. I really enjoyed the first book, Legend, but worried this book wouldn't live up to its expectations. Marie Lu had such great character development between the two main characters. This trilogy is just waiting to be made into a movie, Marie Lu's writing is basically like reading an action movie. I still have yet to read the third and last book, Champion.





Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
by Marissa Meyer

Marissa Meyer has really surprised me by her retellings of fairy tale stories. Cinder was good but not great. Personally, I liked Scarlet's story better and you still had alternating point of views between Cinder and Scarlet which kept variety. I need to read the third book entitled Cress!

No comments:

Post a Comment