Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cress Review

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)
by Marissa Meyer

Published: February 4th by Feiwel & Friends
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Pages: 550
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5
 
Description:

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.


My Thoughts:

This book! This series is just such a clever idea. I love how all of the characters end up together and meet each other. Once I got my hands on this book I finished within two days, even if it's a pretty large book. I read Cinder first when it came out and really enjoyed it. Then once Scarlet came out, and I loved it even more then Cinder. Marissa Meyer continues to keep her readers on the edge of their seats. Even though I was heartbroken that Wolf and Scarlet where separated for the majority of the book, this series remains one of my favorite. Now we must all wait till winter of 2015 till Winter the last book comes out!!!!

Quotes:

"Maybe there isn't such a thing as fate. Maybe it's just the opportunities we're given, and what we do with them. I'm beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don't just happen. We have to make them ourselves."

About the Author:

I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

http://www.marissameyer.com/



1 comment: